Good to be Green
How green dots are awarded
Children at Uplands are awarded green dots for demonstrating key qualities required to being a good citizen. Qualities of a good citizen include:
- Honesty - Both to self and others
- Compassion - This is the caring emotion and understanding shown towards others.
- Respect - Self, others, school and property. This includes the beliefs and values which others may have that differ from their own.
- Responsibility - This is the actions which people take to make the environment a better place. This could include: holding the doors open, helping others, keeping school clean and tidy etc.
- Courage and determination - Not giving up at the first sign of difficulty. Having the confidence to give a challenging task a go even if some activities are out of the comfort zone.
Children continue to collect green dots until they have completed a card worth 50 dots. A certificate is awarded for each completed card.
At the end of the term (Autumn 2, Spring 2 and Summer 2) a prizes are awarded to one child in each category. This raffle is drawn in the end of term assembly infront of the whole school.
Spring Term 2 Update
Winners of the Prize Raffle
|Abdulmalik - Year 5 (5 Cards)||Bilai - Year 4 (4 Cards)|
|Saqlain - Year 4 (3 Cards)||- Year 3 (2 Cards)||- Year 5 (1 Card)|